After several weeks or months of struggling with the divorce process, you finally realized that a divorce mediation service is what you need. If you make a quick search online, you will find out that there are several divorce mediator today. So many choices that you’ll find it quite challenging to determine which one is best for you and your spouse. It is very important to understand that not all them are created equal. That is why, you have to be very cautious with your choice. In this article, you will find out the most essential factors to consider when choosing a divorce mediator. Take a look at them below.
1. Look for a mediator which is also an educator. A good divorce lawyer must help you understand the laws. Being aware about them helps you come up with informed decisions. You will find out what specific laws applies to your circumstances. So, you will learn what happens when you and your spouse comes to the decision of divorce. The process and the possible result of such action.
2. Find a divorce mediator which is neutral. This means he or she must protect the interest and rights of both parties. Getting a divorce mediator means having an advocate who will look closely for each best interest, and even the entire family.
3. Choose someone who values fairness. A divorce mediator should validate each of your opinion as fair. He must spend time to discuss with you things that are unfair in the court. He informs you about the realities and risks of your particular situation. A good divorce mediator helps you come up with the best solutions after your divorce. You have to understand that they may not be ideal for both of you. But, you will soon realize how good it is for both parties.
4. Find a divorce mediator who is affordable for you. The divorce process is not only lengthy but also costly. So, look for a firm who offers free divorce consultation and marital estate assessment. There are some mediators who offer flat fee services. In order to know which one is most affordable, get quotes from different firms. Then, compare prices. Choose the one who has the most reasonable price for you.
5. Always find divorce mediator who are experts in the divorce mediation practice. In your research, you will find some mediators who has a primary specialty aside from divorce mediation. If you want an effective mediator, choose the one who has a lot of experience in the field. Take note, not everything can be learned at school because experience is the best teacher. That is why, the more experience they have the better.
6. Finally, choose a divorce mediator who clearly understands the complexity of your parenting and finances. So, a good mediator must have experience and wide understanding when it comes to the complexities of assets, potential tax issues and many more. When it comes to parenting, it is ideal to choose one with a therapy background.